Next Step . . .

After a little sleuthing as to why the kiln did not get to cone 6, we discovered the source of the problem; a bad circuit breaker. Bad-bad. Very bad. Bad. The circuit breaker was not working to its  full capacity therefore causing the kiln to underfire the pottery.  Pictured below are the results.

Out of the 14 pieces, these 5 came out okay. In fact, I love the smokey blue gray color of the luminary and small bowls.
However, these pieces did not come out okay at all. When we replace the circuit, I hope to refire these 9 with much better results.

Leave a reply.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

Start a Blog at

Up ↑

%d bloggers like this: